EIS is an insurance software company that enables leading insurers to innovate and operate like a tech company: fast, simple, agile. Founded in 2008, EIS provides an open, flexible platform of core systems and digital solutions allowing insurers to accelerate and scale innovation, launch products faster, deliver new revenue channels, and create experiences the world will love. With thousands of APIs, the platform gives insurers the freedom to connect to a vast ecosystem of insurtech and emerging technologies. EIS powers premium growth for insurers in all lines of business worldwide. For more information visit EISGroup.com
We are looking for smart, dynamic and intuitive people to join our growing team of insurance technology professionals and industry experts – this particular opportunity is for an experienced: Business Analyst
About the Role
The Business Analyst facilitates business rules definition and improvement that insurance companies applies to data in order to determine optimal business outcomes. This role requires you to learn and understand the insurance domain, business processes and workflows. You will manage the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification, implementation and verification of multiple levels of requirements from an end-to-end perspective and supports the client personnel through all the project lifecycle.
The Business Analyst will implement and test business rules, coordinate and manage the integration of products or new features for clients as well as perform client training.
The outcomes of your analysis are documented into a set of decision models containing business rules in form of Excel tables executable by our Business Rules engine (proprietary OpenL Tablets) which are verified to be correct and work well with the rest of insurance suite.
The Business Analyst is responsible for business rules definition and improvement utilized by insurance companies to be applied to their data in order to determine optimal business results.
- Plan and hold meetings and workshops with the client, be responsible for client communication
- Collect and analyze customer requirements documentation (most of the requirements are presented in Excel spreadsheets)
- Consolidate information into structured view
- Document and verify Rating methodology
- Implement Rating rules in EIS Rater format (implementation is done using OpenL Tablets syntax in Excel spreadsheets)
- Coordinate functional and user acceptance testing by defining the testing strategy, scheduling resources and tracking test performance
- Assist in the development of data models mappings and integration specifications
- Define Rating versioning and maintenance requirements as well as other nonfunctional requirements
- Track and monitor analysis progress with status reporting
- Review and coordinate customer approval and change management
- Review and coordinate alignment with other insurance suite components
- Plan and conduct client training
- Define requirements and contribute into EIS Rater continues improvement
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Business Analyst
- The ideal candidate will have previous academic and/or professional experience in Insurance, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or similar domains
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on large IT projects using complex logic, decision making / decision modeling or business rules with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in MS Excel is a big advantage
- Proven analytical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel to client sites (minimal)
What we offer:
Unique working environment
High level compensation based on the regular performance reviews
28 calendar days of paid vacation, paid sick leave
Various social & team-building activities
Free English lessons
А comfortable location close to the subway station "Grushevka"